WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Serve as the technical expert for data platform architectures and solutions to include traditional and modern data platforms.
- Focus on complex, interrelated applications and systems being designed to drive strategic direction in today’s integrated data platforms in various business areas.
- Ensure successful engagements by delivering on critical business data requirements for current and future systems.
- Participate in data strategy and road map exercises, data architecture definition, business intelligence / data warehouse/MDP product selection, design and implementation
- Play key roles in large projects. Senior Data Modeler. Technical Lead. Data Architect.
- Participate and provide technical leadership in all phases of a project from discovery and planning through implementation and delivery
- Work through all stages of a data solution life cycle: analyze/profile data, create conceptual, logical & physical data model designs, architect and design , reporting and analytics solutions in both onprem/cloud.
- Work closely and share ideas with fellow Architects, Developers and Technical Project Managers
- Learn new things, and grow rapidly from constant exposure to innovative ideas, concepts, and patterns
- Define Architecture and Design documentation for data platforms and their integration
- Technology evaluation and selection recommendations of data related solution
- Deployment documents and production transition plans
- Integration with Data Warehousing – design and best practices
- Requirements analysis for business efforts dependent on modern Big Data platforms, data integration, processing, analytics, and reporting
- Provide thought leadership and drive architecture and the design of modern data/data as a service solution and demonstrate the understanding of concepts, best practices and functions to implement data solutions in a corporate environment.
- Ability to provide technical expertise in traditional and modern data integration/processing patterns.
- Lead/Participate in the evaluation and integration of Data Technologies as well as developing Proof of Concepts to assist engineering teams.
- Build and conduct solution design reviews for specific solutions ensuring the solution is aligned with current and future state data architecture standards, technologies, principles as well as funding preparations.
- Define and communicate a shared technical and architectural vision for an Agile Release Train (ART) to help ensure the system under development is fit for its intended purpose.
12+ years of experience as a technology leader designing and developing data architecture solutions with more than 5+ years specializing in big data, cloud architecture or data analytics;
Strong, in-depth experience in data systems (modeling, data mining, processing) for both traditional and modern big data platforms.
Strong expertise through all stages of a data solution life cycle: analyze/profile data, create conceptual, logical & physical data model designs, architect and design ETL/ELT, reporting and analytics solutions both in traditional and MDP architectures.
Hands-on experience with modern enterprise data architectures and data toolsets (ex: data warehouse, data marts, data lake, 3NF and dimensional models, modeling tools, profiling tools)
Understanding of streaming technologies and their application such as Kafka, and the utilization of Spark/PySpark Databricks is preferred.
Experience with integration technologies that provide API management, messaging/streaming, file transfer, integration gateway, and/or complex integration
Experience with a range of big data architectures and distributions such as Cloudera or Hortonworks based upon the Apache Stack or MongoDB types of repositories.
Experience working with Public Cloud Offerings (AWS, Azure, GCP) with emphasis on integration, storage, and data processing
Ability to listen for understanding, resolve conflicts, negotiate compromise, and collaboratively lead business leaders and project teams to optimal solutions.
Self-motivated and focused on achieving excellence as a team
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience, with proven leadership and mentoring abilities
Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related area.