Our Data, Analytics and Research Team (DART) is central to the strategy group at Code and Theory. They are the champions of empowering informed decision-making and enabling iterative optimizations and learnings, and their terrain extends across digital ecosystems including experience and product design, marketing and campaign strategy, CRM, brand strategy, measurement strategy, and testing.
The Associate Director of Data and Analytics represents the data and analytics thinking and point of view on project teams, and with our clients. They define the data-driven, multi-source analytics approach to develop audience and behavioral insights that will power strategic recommendations and solutions that answer our client’s challenges and needs. They develop a measurement strategy to define success metrics and tracking requirements, and they think through how data can be used to personalize experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop end-to-end solutions for global clients by bringing a hybrid lens of analytical thinking and creative strategy to develop audience insights, inform creative campaign concepting, and define the measurement and testing optimization approach, as well as the reporting strategy
- Transform quantitative findings into actionable insights through strategic storytelling
- Be an ambassador for using data to inform action and power consumer experiences
- Lead, own and grow data and analytics offering within the assigned portfolio of new and existing clients
- Coach, manage and lead junior team members to activate their existing skills and inspire growth, learning and development
- Develop, evolve and deepen partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Clearly articulate and present insights and strategies rooted in data for new business, contributing to the overall growth of the agency
- Experience in related digital roles at a major website, digital agency, publisher, consulting firm, financial, retail/e-commerce, CPG, or FMCG organization.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across disciplines and identify appropriate data sources and analyses to build an approach that will result in actionable insights and strategic recommendations.
- Ability to clean, wrangle, analyze and visualize data sets large and small, from a variety of sources including audience panels, social media performance and conversations, organic search behaviors, CRM, site behavior and pathing, e-comm, and company financial data.
- Take the lead to articulate and present insights and recommendations to creative and technical teams alike to inform strategy. Additionally, work as a partner to strategy to build a narrative that weaves data insights throughout.
- A problem solver, able to really listen and understand clients’ business questions, translate the business requirements into a learning agenda, identify the best and innovative approaches with data, and get creative with our analytics approach when necessary.
Experience working in the following areas is desired:
- Developing data-driven personas or audience segmentation to inform product, brand, or campaign strategy
- Informing user journeys with audience and channel insights
- Analyzing organic social media and search performance to identify growth opportunities and topical opportunities for content
Experience working with the following data/tools to develop insights is desired:
- Website or app behavior and pathing: Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics
- Audience segmentation and research: MRI, GWI, comScore, Simmons
- Social conversation analysis: social listening platforms such as Syntehsio, NetBase, Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon, etc., or use of Python to analyze language and sentiment trends
- Organic social and search performance: (not media campaign performance) through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram APIs or scraped post-level data; search data via SEMRush, Google Trends, or other keyword research/measurement tools
- (not required) Testing / Personalization Activation Tools: Adobe Target, Optimizely, Google Content Experiments, RichRelevance
- (not required) Business Intelligence / Visualization Suites: Big Query, Google data studio, Looker, Mode, Tableau
- (not required) Survey data analysis and question design
WHAT IT TAKES
- Able to quickly adapt to new or unfamiliar tools, data sets/sources, and problems
- Have a flexible attitude in shifting environments
- Be naturally curious and are a strong presenter
- Equally comfortable working autonomously as you are hyper-collaboratively
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Work quickly but accurately, either as oversight or doing the work yourself
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues across many disciplines
- Able to nurture client relationships by representing the agency as a data expert
We bring big ideas to life by looking holistically at brand ecosystems where digital plays a prominent role in driving the consumer from first-touch through to conversion to relationship deepening over time. We identify gaps in the consumer journey and opportunities in culture that require products, services or communications to fill. We work across categories, ranging as far and wide as health care (Pfizer, Sanofi, Reach MD, Bioreference Laboratories) to financial services (JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, Morgan Stanley, First Data) to cpg (Mars, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson) to technology companies (Facebook, Xerox, Samsung, Comcast) to culture brands (adidas, H&M). And because our DNA is in publishing — we’ve embedded in over 135 newsrooms in the past decade — we bring unique expertise in understanding how content is created, distributed and optimized, including our work with CNN, NBC News, NBC Sports, and Bustle Digital Group.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing our creativity beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their consumers.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.