The Sr. AEM Developer will be responsible for leading the development of re-usable integrations on custom sites while ensuring good governance practices are in place and standards are being followed.The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, always exploring and innovating to implement the best possible solution. Five plus (5+) years of development experience in Adobe Experience Manager is a must.
Key Words: Adobe AEM 6.x, AEM 6.2, AEM 6.3Responsibilities:
- Participate in the global implementation of AEM including the design and definition of AEM Content Type Models, Workflows, Content Classifications and Taxonomy to ensure a globally sustainable implementation of the AEM platform. Expertise with AEM Sites, Assets and Forms.
- Be part of the development of AEM templates and components based on Touch UI (or Classic UI) leveraging current AEM software releases and ensure governance practices are in place to drive standardization and best practices globally throughout web development initiatives.
- Liaise with the Technical Director and the rest of the development team to promote standards and sustainable, re-usable designs of all AEM templates, components, and integrations.
- Take part in the oversight of 3rd party integration development initiatives and other system integrations providing design specification oversight and vendor verification / direction
- Propose technology solutions and translate marketing and web site needs into AEM specific recommendations and solutions to enable Digital Marketing solution to meet/exceed project goals.
- Investigate and stay current on key emerging technologies related to Digital Marketing, to help push processes and techniques forward.
- Participate in strategic vendor management activities including roadmap discussions to ensure collaboration related to solution evolution and system enhancements.
- Work in an agile, rapid development, and prototyping environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or Business.
- Minimum 8 Years of Experience in an Engineering role.
- Five years of experience working with CMS platforms.
- At least 5 years of experience building sites, templates, components, or integrations with Adobe Experience Manager.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills required.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & conceptual skills.
- Strong oral & written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Ability to negotiate and manage difficult or ambiguous situations.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals, and technologies.
- Understanding of the broader Adobe Marketing Cloud product stack.
- Understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience setting up dedicated environments (development, QA, etc.) and integrating with a CI chain.
- At least two full life-cycle CMS implementations.
- Adobe Certified Expert as AEM developer or AEM architect.
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.