Senior Drupal Developers at Code and Theory are hands-on lead developers. They will work with a team of developers who have built some of the largest Drupal sites in the world, to craft solutions to a wide range of problems. At Code and Theory, Drupal is primarily used for large, well-known media and publishing clients. A Senior Drupal Developer will often be expected to participate during the Define and Design phases of a project, to specify the Drupal modules and techniques that will be used to achieve the project vision. They will map visual elements to Drupal concepts and create prototypes and proofs of concept to validate feasibility early on.
This role requires participation in the full product lifecycle, from design to deployment, to post launch phases including editorial and technical training. In many cases this is a client-facing role.
- 4+ years of full stack web development
- 2+ years of full time drupal development
- Proven ability to architect and develop scalable, custom Drupal 7 implementations
- Strong understanding of Drupal best practices
- Custom module development experience
- Experience developing custom themes and customizing base themes
- Ability to use the Devel module
- Experience with Features and Drush, and using both in deployment workflows
- Strong understanding of MySQL
- Proven experience with multiple caching strategies
- Ability to create custom feed importers, data migration experience
- Extensive experience with source control (e.g. Git)
- Proficient with Photoshop and/or InDesign, ability to translate layered comps into code
- Desire to mentor and lead other developers, and share knowledge with the broader team
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Prior agency experience
- Active involvement in Drupal community
- Experience building responsive sites with Drupal
- Varnish experience
- Experience with Solr and/or Elasticsearch
- Extensive experience with one or more of the following back-end frameworks/platforms: Laravel, CodeIgniter, node.js, Ruby on Rails, Drupal, Wordpress
- Experience with a task runner such as Grunt or Gulp
- TDD/BDD experience
- Acquia Cloud experience
- Experience integrating with 3rd party social APIs
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor (e.g. Sass, Less)
- Extensive experience with cross-browser compatibility
- Demonstrated knowledge of client-side performance analysis and optimization techniques
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.