Our Creative Strategy collaborates very closely with our design and technology departments. To ensure creative solutions we address a client’s business, brand, and user goals. Even more important than developing the appropriate creative solutions for our clients is doing so in a way that is implementable given organizational, technology, and timeline constraints. Creative Strategists are ultimately responsible for bringing new ideas to life: by guiding creative concepts from inception through to detailed design, development, and final implementation, and for articulating a clear path of action to communicate our plan for making creative ideas a reality.
The Creative Strategist is capable of working with UX, design, and technology project leads to define and implement the creative strategy for a given client engagement. This role has experience with all elements of the product development process and is capable of executing on a wide range of deliverables with minimal oversight from fellow strategists. Confident and articulate in communication style, this role is client-facing and will be called upon to present work to clients as appropriate. As a Creative Strategist, you’ll report to the Director of Creative Strategy.
Typically Creative Strategist at Code and Theory are involved in the following activities:Responsibilities:
- Collaborating closely with UX, design, and technology teams in order to define strategy for a given client engagement and lead client presentation of findings
- Owning overall implementation of strategy from requirements gathering through UX and design, as well as final presentation of final creative solutions
- Structuring and leading creative brainstorms in order to ensure adherence to overall strategy; driving key decisions and communicating results to broader project team
- Collaborating with technology team to ensure adherence of final digital product to original creative concept; leading internal creative iterations as necessary
- Conducting targeted research into brand, competitive, or business whitespace through review of secondary and primary sources
- Working with UX team to develop primary research plans, conduct research, and analyze results
- Supporting Director of Creative Strategy in creation of key client deliverables
- Assisting with business development opportunities as required
- 2+ years experience in a Product Management, 4+ years experience in a Digital Strategy role, or 6+ years experience in a Digital Agency environment with proven strategic record
- Proven track record of involvement in successful digital product development engagements in the past where personal involvement was key
- Experience with key activities and with producing key deliverables associated with the product development process a must
- Ability to execute client-facing deliverables relatively independently, with minimal oversight from fellow strategists
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and deliver insights to senior business executives
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Flexible skill set and personality are absolutely imperative; this role is unpredictable and must be able to contribute across a wide range of activities
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as National Geographic, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Los Angeles Times, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, Chandon, and BURGER KING®, to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.