At Code and Theory, our Junior Creative Strategists are the backbone of what drives innovation and new creative approaches in our work. By sourcing from a set of divergent and unique backgrounds we ensure that we can constantly apply fresh thinking and diverse ideas to the age old and unique challenges we are tasked to solve every day.
The common thread that binds us together is a love for solving any problem, willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and a high bar for quality of output. We like to think of ourselves as agents of change in today’s digital-first world, for our clients and for consumers alike. Ultimately we push our clients towards a future of fully connected content experiences—creating new spaces to communicate across touchpoints and environments, and uncovering new opportunities to break through the noise in a competitive world of information overload.
Working with clients at the global enterprise scale means sifting through huge amounts of information and unraveling complex legacy ecosystems. You’ll work closely with Experience Strategy, Engineering, Data, Analytics and Research teams to define and build a roadmap for digital-to-physical ecosystems that perform complex functions with measurable and optimizable results.
- Conduct targeted competitive, market, or business research and distill relevant information
- Analyze consumer trends across product categories to identify the insights that will inform the project experience strategy and concepts
- Develop quantitative and qualitative research plans to validate hypotheses
- Administer and participate in stakeholder interviews, workshops, and brainstorms, then communicate key takeaways to the rest of the team
- Collaborate across disciplines to develop product requirements and goals, and ensure the appropriate implementation at every step along the way
- Ideate creative solutions that solve for competing business priorities and experience challenges
- Work with senior level Creative Strategists at various stages of the product development process to support key project milestones/deliverables and learn what is required to move through the end to end product development lifecycle
You’re probably right for this role if you:
- Are curious, creative and eager to wear different hats throughout a project
- Are eager to learn about a wide variety of topics, products, and businesses
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, and adapt easily to change
- Are self-motivated, willing to jump right in and take chances
- Possess high emotional intelligence
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at distilling key insights from a large amount of research and documentation
- Are humble, willing to take on any task to ensure a successful outcome, and eager to learn from those around you
In your first month, you can expect to:
- Dive headfirst into projects as a key contributor to product strategies and solutions
- Support internal workshops to facilitate candid discussion and collaborative exploration with peers and clients alike. They will rely on your objective guidance to help them define their business needs, goals, and a roadmap to get there. Being a “people person” and careful arbiter will help everyone find alignment and uncover that clear path forward.
- 1+ years experience in a digital product strategy role, or 2+ years experience in a digital agency environment with proven strategic record or equivalent advanced degree
- Familiarity with product development processes and best practices
- Strong communication skills, whether in writing, presentation, or speaking
- Ability to think analytically and synthesize large amounts of information to quickly and efficiently identify what is salient and what is non-essential
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Flexible skill set and personality; this role is unpredictable and must be able to contribute across a wide range of activities