The First End-To-End Digital Platform in Commercial Real Estate
J.P. Morgan’s Commercial Real Estate (CRE) business is the leading lender for multi-family properties in the United States. For over 30 years, it has developed deep expertise in the CRE category and has built an enviable base of customers and data.
Building on these strengths, J.P. Morgan sought to create the first end-to-end digital platform that powers the entire CRE lifecycle—from planning and acquiring properties to managing and improving them. This offering would stand apart as the only digital platform that combines all needs in a single digital destination.
J.P. Morgan needed a new brand strategy, name and identity to launch its CRE digital platform and announce its value proposition to the world.
Our key objectives were:
- Communicate the unmatched value of this platform as the first digital one-stop-shop for CRE.
- Convey the expertise of J.P. Morgan while maintaining a distinct identity.
- Connect with their key audiences: property investors seeking to scale their businesses and third-party platforms whose technologies could be incorporated into the platform.
- Build for scale to support the future growth of its services, capabilities, and audiences.
We conducted an accelerated research agenda to understand the CRE organization, audience and landscape. We arrived at several key opportunities for the brand:
- As a focused, expert partner, JPMC can be positioned as a nimble, innovative challenger.
- An end-to-end offering satisfies an unmet customer need in a fractured ecosystem.
- An emotional, human experience is needed to drive connection and inspiration.
We created a distinctive brand strategy, name and identity
that conveys thriving futures in commercial real estate. We began by defining the brand purpose and naming the platform: Story by J.P. Morgan, and then crafted a cohesive verbal and visual identity and ensured the identity could ably flex across the brand’s digital ecosystem. From the name to the message to the digital experience, we created a brand that honored the distinction of this CRE platform—while incorporating elements of the J.P. Morgan masterbrand to signal the platform’s connection to the bank.