Our Program Manager ensures Code and Theory delivers innovative, immersive web experiences that delight our clients and their customers. We are always striving to balance the demanding nature of working on cutting-edge technologies with the real-world demands of high performance, high security, and accessibility. Working in collaboration with our multi-disciplinary engineering, design, and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems for incredible clients. React is our most frequently implemented frontend framework and we have built up substantial skill in implementing React and its ecosystem of technologies. Our UI Engineers partner with our cross-functional teams to identify and implement innovative technologies that enhance customer experiences and drive business growth.
You are a passionate advocate for software quality, its role in our society, and its relationship to technology. You deeply understand nuances of how to achieve experiences which are high performance while being cutting-edge, immersive and impressive for the end user.
- Timeline and Release Schedule
- Risk/Issues/Dependencies/Change Management
- Accurate communication and Collaboration with all stakeholders o Metrics reporting o Establishing Cadence
- Providing the right training/guidance
- Guidance on Monitoring and Tracking
- Guidance and Review Reporting
- Guidance on PM skills
- Review and manage a continuous improvement process across the account for all projects.
- Perform regular project reviews and report metrics for continuous improvement and operational excellence.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Setting Key Result Areas and expectations for each team member
- Setting the right guardrails and socializing with team
- Supervising and monitoring team performance – Timely 1-1s and feedbacks o Reviewing performance and recommending appropriate actions
- Identifying and recommending staff augmentation and development requirements
- Keeping a tab on burnout and attrition levels
- Coach and conduct trainings/workshops for engineering teams and project management team on various agile frameworks and usage of various agile project management tools. o Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; having accurate data on the team and their claims against the project estimates.
- Collate, create materials for and drive delivery reviews and quarterly business review and weekly status reports for clients and internal stakeholders (including YML/C&T executive team).
- Participate / conduct defect triage, sprint, releases and program retrospectives.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, problems resolution, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements, implementing change.
- Drive process improvement program wide initiatives.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the PM and engineering teams about every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently.
- Keep an eye of latest strategies, tools and terminologies used in project management worldwide so that he may also make adopt them to increase productivity.
- Identify lean periods and raise flags in advance to allow identification of new projects.
- Participate in contracts and negotiations.
- Manage risks by: ● Identifying risks
- Strategizing risk mitigation, transference and acceptance.
- Monitoring and addressing risk events through program level dashboards.
- Monitor and report program progress by:
- Meeting business reporting requirements
- Measuring performance versus plan
- Maintaining and reviewing project plans using agile project management tools working alongside project managers for prompt action.
- Ensuring technical quality and appropriate sign off at every stage of the project
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- 12+ years of overall experience with 8 years of project and program management.
- Must have been a developer or QA engineer at some point in the past. No prior technical software development experience could be grounds for rejection. • Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives from the clients’ perspective as well as challenges and support the team on their deliverables. • Prior experience directly interacting with or working with clients across the world is a must.
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills is a must.
- Strong experience working with colleagues and stakeholders in the US.
- Must have a pleasant and polished demeanour. • PMI PMP/ACP Certificate / Scrum Master certification is a plus.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software development.
- Track record of championing agile practices and identifying right framework that can be adopted by agile teams.
- Experience in managing and tracking team velocity, financials, and other KPIs about the project/program and its plan
- Experience in risk management of complex projects.
- Experience in dealing with ambiguous and uncertain situations. Must be able to demonstrate past track record.
- Experience managing project budgets and reporting of various forms.
- Experience using Rally/Jira/Azure Devops agile delivery tools. • Proven track record of working independently and making key decisions.
- Ability to influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging the status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Mentor and guide other team members to success within the project manage
Born in 2001, Code and Theory is a digital-first creative agency that sits at the center of creativity and technology. We pride ourselves on not only solving consumer and business problems, but also helping to establish new capabilities for our clients. With a global client roster of Fortune 100s and start-ups alike, we crave the hardest problems to solve. With a remote-first approach to our people, we have teams distributed across North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. The Code and Theory global network of agencies is growing and includes Kettle, Mediacurrent, Rhythm, and TrueLogic.
Striving never to be pigeonholed, we work across every major category: from tech to CPG, financial services to travel & hospitality, government and education to media and publishing. We value the collaboration with our client partners, including but not limited to Adidas, Amazon, Con Edison, Diageo, EY, J.P. Morgan Chase, Lenovo, Marriott, Mars, Microsoft, Thomson Reuters, and TikTok.
The Code and Theory network is comprised of nearly 2,000 people with 50% engineers and 50% creative talent. We’re always on the lookout for smart, driven, and forward-thinking people to join our team.