The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for performing daily analysis and execution of test efforts, and working collaboratively with team members across disciplines. Test efforts may be performed across a variety of project types including websites, mobile applications, and immersive experiences. Typically a QA Engineer at Code and Theory can expect to work in collaboration with and in parallel to Development/Production teams throughout the lifecycle of a project, leading the testing efforts, and providing proactive risk assessment.
Our testers come from a variety of backgrounds and interests, but we share a few common values that really make our work stand out. You’ll fit right in if you…
- Have a genuine interest in working with bleeding-edge, boundary-pushing technologies and apps
- Are a quality advocate and firmly believe that QA testing isn’t simply something done at the end of a project
- Possess an innate ability and drive to uncover defects, with an analytical, curious, and meticulous personality
- Enjoy working in a dynamic collaborative environment where you can make an impact
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop test strategies custom for a project's platform and need, including manual and specialization capacities.
- Test and validate data for front-end and back-end systems.
- Analyze, identify, and monitor software defects, and report testing results in detail using bug tracking tools
- Proactively work with project teams to create and implement delivery processes throughout deployments
- Work closely with other Engineers and Producers to help create an environment in which quality can occur
- Develop and maintain comprehensive test plans and requirement matrices
- Encourage and maintain standards and process for workflow efficiency
- Build comfort with pivoting test capabilities into bespoke application and creative technology builds
- Proactively contribute to the QA department's overall vision via research, presentation, and implementation of best practices and cutting edge toolsets
- Go beyond the baseline expectation and work to provide valuable insight to developers and stakeholders
- Work to provide granular, neutral, and valuable critique for developers to improve their craft
- Mastery in manual exploratory testing of progressively more complex web development projects (including mobile/tablet)
- Mastery in documenting and managing defects in specialized software (preference is Atlassian/JIRA)
- Able to clearly and confidently document, report, and present test results to internal teams, external partners, and client stakeholders
- Exposure and/or experience to test in multiple specializations: accessibility, automation, data and analytics, load and performance, security, creative technology, or native mobile apps.
- Hands on experience with test driven development, whether in a supportive role with development or directly in control of test production
- Proficiency with manipulating and testing CMS systems (preferably Wordpress, Drupal, Adobe AEM, and/or Sitecore), as well as design and framing toolsets in an inspection capacity (Figma, Zeplin, Invision)
- Experience with leading requirements gathering, management, and compilation into valuable testable scenarios
- Experience with creation and documentation of software development test delivery strategies
- Agency, development shop, or startup testing experience