Our Engineering Manager ensures Code and Theory delivers innovative, immersive web experiences that delight our clients and their customers. We are always striving to balance the demanding nature of working on cutting-edge technologies with the real-world demands of high performance, high security, and accessibility. Working in collaboration with our multi-disciplinary engineering, design, and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems for incredible clients. React is our most frequently implemented frontend framework and we have built up substantial skill in implementing React and its ecosystem of technologies. Our UI Engineers partner with our cross-functional teams to identify and implement innovative technologies that enhance customer experiences and drive business growth.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Lead and coach a group of engineers in delivering scalable, flexible and secure features to our customers
- Leading engineering teams composed of backend, frontend, iOS, Android developers and QA.
- Deep dive into work of your team, review the code submitted by your team, and resolve the root cause of problems
- Coach your team members how to increase the quality of their code based on real examples
- Involve in hiring for your teams
- Drive a continuous improvement process - introduce new tools & automations based on real data analysis
- Represent the team to engineering groups internally, to executive leaders in various functional groups within YML, to current and future customers, and to our partner organizations.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Collaborate with Product/Project Managers to plan, implement and deliver tasks and modules on a timely basis with best practices and adherence to SOPs.
- Manage the development pipeline to deliver features on schedule while maintaining high bar for quality. Closely Interact with other functions such as PM/Product, Design, UI/UX, Architecture, QA, and deliver planned features
- Create strong practices around test driven development, automating delivery of apps to the marketplace with strong CI/CD practices.
- Play the role of an unblocker in a tight scrum environment. Should be able to help other developers with challenges, problem solving, and help achieve milestones as per plan.
- Prioritize to manage ad-hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects.
- A highly talented developer with 10+ years of hands-on experience
- Primarily in web application development experience using, JAVA, Angular, ReactJS, Python, GO
- Working with MVVM, MVP, MVC patterns.
- Must have at least 3+ years of experience in an engineering management role, and a clear record of success prior to that as a senior/staff engineer
- Must be compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities/projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Good Analytical, Problem solving and Debugging skills.
- Hands on experience in Designing, Coding and release management.
- Continuously increasing your team's work quality & performance
- Experience with writing and maintaining unit-tests, functional tests, and CI/CD pipelines
- Good problem solving skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Hands-on cloud development experience
LOCATION: Bangalore, Hybrid
We are Code and Theory, a technology-first creative agency. Our goal: to reduce complexity and help our clients accelerate growth.
We are the only agency at scale with 50% creative and 50% engineering talent; a meticulous balance that unlocks tangible results and long term solutions. Our technology-first approach and focus on connecting technology to customer experiences and communications has made us trusted, strategic partners to the biggest businesses in the world. Our client roster consists of ambitious companies across all major categories, including financial services, healthcare, CPG, hospitality, fashion, tech and more.
While we can’t predict tomorrow, we do know that change is the only constant—and what drives that change is people. We look for passionate, humble, collaborative professionals who want to solve the hardest problems. If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. DE&I isn’t just an industry concept that we support, for us it is a mandate and a practice that we weave into everything we do, and everything we make, every single day.