Associate Technical Director - Core platform, Manila Office
Associate Technical Directors at Code and Theory lead complex technical programs that can span across multiple projects for some of our major clients (Fortune 50/Fortune 100 companies). They understand our client-partners’ business needs, and tailor the right technical stack to support these KPIs and future-proof their organizations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
During the early stages of a project/program:
- Conduct technical audits
- Iteratively select every part of the recommended technical stack through a collaborative and transparent process
- Present software architectures and infrastructures recommendations
- Provide detailed technical recommendations in the format of a Technical Approach document that outlines the software and hosting architecture, development best practices, etc.
During the design and development phase of these projects/programs:
- Ensure the proper delivery of the project (on time, on budget)
- Pair with the producer to control the project’s scope
- Ensure that the proper development workflow and project delivery process are followed (backlog, grooming, etc.)
- Work with DevOps engineers to deliver environments, CI/CD, etc.
- Work with the QA department to set up the right testing activities (manual, automated, security, load/performance, accessibility, etc.)
- Assist the developers in their day to day activities
- Be involved in client meetings (stand ups, steering committees) to manage the client communication and communicate progress.
Throughout the project/program lifecycle:
- Actively pursue business opportunities with the rest of the code pod (especially DRI) to convert them into actual projects
- Hands-on experience both in frontend development (HTML, CSS, JS) and backend development (PHP)
- Experience in CodeIgniter is required
- Experience in ReactJS is required
- Extensive experience working with GIT
- Experience on Laravel is plus
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (Sass, Less) and task runners (Grunt, Gulp)
- Experience with MySQL and other RDBMS
- Experience with AWS and other cloud computing platforms