As Senior Manager, PR & Marketing at Code and Theory, you will collaborate with agency leadership to manage Code and Theory’s positioning and external communications. This includes all owned and earned channels including codeandtheory.com.
The polish of your written and verbal communications, the sharpness of your intelligence and intuition, and the breadth and depth of your familiarity with our work and perspectives come together to support the needs of our clients, and the goals of the agency. As Senior Manager, PR & Marketing, you will collaborate with the Director, PR & Marketing on all aspects of pitching our work, talent, and thought leadership to industry trades and broader news outlets. You will work with and report to the Director, PR & Marketing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work across agency teams to stay ahead of project launches and agency news
- Write press releases for ongoing projects to launch in trade and business press
- Collaborate with clients' PR teams on projects that will launch to consumer press
- Identify and pitch speaking opportunities for agency executives, maintain year-round calendar
- Handle industry awards submissions, maintain calendar to track submissions and wins
- Cultivate relationships with trade reporters to keep a steady drumbeat of press for the agency
- Develop media stars within the agency to speak to the press and on industry panels
- Maintain a library of press clips, identify ways to strengthen impact within the press and industry
- At least 5 years PR experience, currently working inside advertising, digital, or creative agency
- Relationships or familiarity with trade reporters covering advertising, agencies, and digital media
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, deft ability to package content
- Polished demeanor, energetic brand representative, outgoing coalition-builder
- Ability to proactively organize and prioritize work without awaiting direction
- Deadline-oriented, impeccably organized, a critical-thinker and solution-seeker
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, a bright outlook, and a desire to win
Code and Theory is a strategically driven, digital-first creative agency that lives at the intersection of creativity and technology. We solve consumer and business problems across the entire customer journey that flex to meet the ever-changing needs of consumer expectations. We put the user, their behaviors and needs, at the center of everything we do — from our proprietary research methodologies, to product development processes, to how we create brand, channel and messaging strategies. Our goal is simple: to solve our clients business problems.
We bring big ideas to life by looking holistically at brand ecosystems where digital plays a prominent role in driving the consumer from first-touch through to conversion to relationship deepening over time. We identify gaps in the consumer journey and opportunities in culture that require products, services or communications to fill. We work across categories, ranging as far and wide as health care (Pfizer, Sanofi, Reach MD, Bioreference Laboratories) to financial services (JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, Morgan Stanley, First Data) to cpg (Mars, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson) to technology companies (Facebook, Xerox, Samsung, Comcast) to culture brands (adidas, H&M). And because our DNA is in publishing — we’ve embedded in over 135 newsrooms in the past decade — we bring unique expertise in understanding how content is created, distributed and optimized, including our work with CNN, NBC News, NBC Sports, and Bustle Digital Group.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing our creativity beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their consumers.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.