Code and Theory’s Backend Developers are talented, self-motivated, and hands-on software engineers who enjoy clearing these hurdles with poise and panache. Inevitable blockers don’t make you anxious, because you know it’s all part of the product lifecycle.
From design, to deployment, to post-launch phases - including technical trainings - you’ll utilize a wide variety of programming languages to craft elegant solutions to the occasional shortcomings of the digital minutiae to keep things running as smooth as (humanly) possible. This is your field of expertise, after all; you thrive on the ability to demonstrate your expertise from behind the proverbial curtain.
This role is specifically responsible for working with our Enterprise team to maintain our proprietary internal agency management system.
What you will be working on
Code and Theory built and maintains a custom internal tool for agency management. As it’s a very dynamic product with new features and updates continuously being added, we are looking for developers to focus on building and improving the product. As well, the position will be assisting with the product’s rebuild as Version 2 at some point in 2022.
Your role is to work with the team handling the technology of this proprietary product. Using existing and future technologies, you will be working with people across our global offices to make sure that the product not only functions today but also adapts and scales together with the business’ changing needs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
During the management of the custom internal tool project:
- Get onboarded onto the different internal software systems and tooling in use
- Participate in workshops to determine the best way to advance existing features and develop new features
- Start implementing these features with the support of your Technical Director, other Frontend and Backend developers, and DevOps engineers
Throughout the project/program lifecycle:
- Participate in agile ceremonies to groom tasks/stories and plan sprint collaboratively with the larger team
- Work across different technical stacks, leveraging various frontend techniques
- Develop expertise in delivering best-in-class experiences with advanced features
- Integrate code with other technologies (REST Web Services, 3rd party APIs, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience with CodeIgniter
- Working knowledge and experience with PHP (including Laravel)
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with: relational databases, version control tools, and developing web services
- Knowledge of MySQL, Linux
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, eBay, etc.)
- Knowledge of CSS is an advantage but not a requirement
Other required skills:
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong planning and organizing skills, teamwork and collaboration, result-orientation, and interpersonal sensitivity
- Reliability, trustworthiness, and a high level of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and independently with good organizational skills
- Experience working with Enterprise software systems & internal teams
- 4+ years of working experience as a Backend Developer / Software Engineer
- Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent is a plus