The Data, Analytics, Research and Testing (DART) team is central to all strategic functions at Code and Theory. We are a data-driven organization, and we work with our clients to embrace data and embed it into their cultures.
Members of the DART team are expected to deeply understand our clients’ audiences, empower them to make data-informed decisions, and create the capabilities and processes for ongoing optimizations and learnings.
Different from other agencies, we intentionally centralize all data functions under one team to allow for shared learning, shared tools, shared perspectives and shared expertise. Thus, our terrain extends across the entire digital ecosystem from user testing on digital products to audience development for digital marketing, to creative campaign testing to SEO strategies to custom market research for brands to defining measurement and optimization approaches to data engineering with tech...and much more.
As such, it is imperative that the ideal candidate brings to the table a hybrid background and broad lens on the role of data. It is also imperative that the candidate brings a fresh and creative approach to using first and third party sources and a range of methodologies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This is an exciting time to be the leader on the DART team, as we have been building the team from the bottom up. As the leader of the DART team, your primary responsibility will be to lead a team of 15 incredibly smart analysts and researchers, ensuring they are learning and growing and making the most of their experience at Code and Theory. Your core responsibility will be directly managing the team’s Directors, serving as a mentor and guide across all the disciplines within this group.
Because we are constantly working to evolve our approach and our differentiation in the marketplace, you will be responsible for developing a new vision for the team, evolving our offerings, being a thought leader on new business and key client work.
Your day-to-day will be a combination of client work and internal agency and team support.
- Experience in related role at a major website, digital agency, retail/e-commerce organization
- Experience directly managing an analytics, data or research team at a digital agency
- Experience owning and developing client relationships with senior external clients
- Experience collaborating with strategy and design internal teams and stakeholders
- Be an ambassador for how data, analytics and research can add value to projects, and deep experience with scoping and budgeting out DART-type work in projects
- Coach, manage and lead junior team members to activate their existing skills and inspire growth, learning and development
- Experience with SEO is preferable but not required
- Knowledge/familiarity of the following tools (or similar):
- Digital Analytics Suites: Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Google Analytics
- Tag Management Solutions: Google Tag Manager, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten
- Testing / Personalization Frameworks: Adobe Target, Optimizely, Google Content Experiments, RichRelevance, Maxymiser
- Business Intelligence / Visualization Suites: Big Query, Google data studio, Looker, Mode, Tableau
- Audience research: MRI, GWI, social listening platforms
WHAT IT TAKES
Innovation, conversation, and raw talent are great items on a resume. To really crush it in this role, it’d be helpful if you’re…
- A problem solver and deeply solution-oriented; able to truly listen and understand clients’ business questions, as well as help drive forward internal collaboration processes and challenges
- Naturally curious and express a flexible attitude in shifting environments
- Good at juggling multiple priorities on client engagements, while managing a 15 person team
- Able to effectively and empathetically navigate interpersonal relationships for yourself and for those that report to you
- Equally comfortable working autonomously as you are hyper-collaboratively
- Able to adapt quickly to new or unfamiliar tools, data and problems, as well as develop end-to-end data strategy solutions for global clients
- A strong presenter and ace communicator
- A strong point of view on the value of data, analytics, and research and how they contribute to the overall success of projects
We bring big ideas to life by looking holistically at brand ecosystems where digital plays a prominent role in driving the consumer from first-touch through to conversion to relationship deepening over time. We identify gaps in the consumer journey and opportunities in culture that require products, services or communications to fill. We work across categories, ranging as far and wide as health care (Pfizer, Sanofi, Reach MD, Bioreference Laboratories) to financial services (JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, Morgan Stanley, First Data) to cpg (Mars, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson) to technology companies (Facebook, Xerox, Samsung, Comcast) to culture brands (adidas, H&M). And because our DNA is in publishing — we’ve embedded in over 135 newsrooms in the past decade — we bring unique expertise in understanding how content is created, distributed and optimized, including our work with CNN, NBC News, NBC Sports, and Bustle Digital Group.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing our creativity beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their consumers.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.