At Code and Theory, our research team helps us to understand the people we are designing for, what motivates them and where well-designed products and campaigns fit into their lifestyles and workflows. We apply a healthy combination of strategic and tactical user research methods including surveys, interviews, usability testing, competitive analysis, concept testing and cognitive walkthroughs to uncover insights and learn about people, products and experiences.
As part of our Data, Analytics and Research team, Junior User Researchers have a natural curiosity and passion for design thinking and are eager to utilize research in order to prioritize product and campaign decisions, inform business strategy, guide design and influence the overall user experience.
Partnering closely with experience strategists and interaction designers, they are the ambassadors for the user perspective, and are confident, compelling and excited to share findings to internal teams and clients in visual, written and in-person settings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- The researcher will be immersed in our analytics & research practice and learn everything about Code & Theory’s approach to research
- Supporting the research process, from defining research approach for the assigned projects, facilitate research operations & logistics, and preparing insights & research summary
- Develop creative research methodologies and integrate research thinking into every part of the work
- Be an evangelist of how research can elevate our strategic thinking for client work as well as the process to uncover user insights
- Experience in a research role at an agency or consumer-focused company
- Broad experience of qualitative research methods to inform product strategy and design, working in keynote, as well as a range of research tools and platforms
- Able to observe, analyze, question, synthesize, conceptualize and communicate insights
- Equal parts excellent listener, writer, and storyteller
- Enjoy collaborative work with cross-functional teams in a strategy-driven and creative environment
WHAT IT TAKES
You are nimble, extremely observational, listen hard and understand the need to balance and prioritize in a fast-paced setting. Our research is experience-focused and primarily qualitative, so you need to have broad experience with these methodologies and capably deliver on creative ideas and campaigns. You nerd out on design trends, tools and are excited to promote a strong user-centric design research culture at Code and Theory.