At Code and Theory, our Creative Strategists ensure creative solutions are addressed considering all areas of a client's business, brand, and overarching objectives. Beyond merely developing creative solutions for our clients, we do so in a meaningful way that is implementable given organizational, technology, and timeline constraints.
Our Associate Creative Strategy Director is responsible for bringing new ideas to life: by guiding creative concepts from inception through to detailed design, development, and final implementation, and for articulating a clear path of action to communicate our plan for making creative ideas a reality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Associate Creative Strategy Director collaborates very closely with our clients to drive Business, Brand, and User requirements gathering, through a series of interviews, workshops, research, or any other relevant activities. Internally, this role works with our design and technology departments to ensure creative solutions we produce address a client's business, brand, and user goals. This role has deep knowledge and expertise in all elements of the product development process and is capable of both executing deliverables and overseeing the execution of deliverables by more junior strategists. Proactive and described as a self-starter, this role is able to quickly understand what activities and deliverables are required to steer a client engagement to success and effectively lead a team to produce against that project vision. As an Associate Director of Creative Strategy, you'll report to the Director of Creative Strategy based in New York. Typically Associate Creative Strategy Director at Code and Theory are involved in the following activities:
- Gathering business, brand, and user needs requirements, by driving stakeholders and core client team workshops.
- Conducting targeted research into brand, competitive, or business whitespace through reviewing of secondary and primary sources.
- Leading UX and design work to support and collaborate in the strategy for a given client engagement and present findings to senior client stakeholders
- Structuring and leading creative brainstorms in order to ensure adherence to overall strategy; driving key decisions and communicate results to broader project team
- Working with UX team to develop primary research plans, conduct research, and analyze results
- Contributing to overall quality of strategy department by shaping project activities and deliverable formats, and by presenting work at department meetings Requirements:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience in a Product Management or in a Digital Strategy role
- Proven track record of leading successful digital product development engagements in the past
- Ability to interface with senior business executives and drive strategic decisions around key project milestones a must
- Deep expertise with key activities and with producing key deliverables associated with the product development process a must
- Ability to execute client-facing deliverables and to present those to senior executives independently
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability