Creative Strategy Directors are responsible for developing, leading and driving positive outcomes on our most large scale and most challenging client engagements and accounts. They are expected to be skilled in a diverse digital toolset, from understanding complex organizations, how to achieve ROI-driven business success through digital ecosystems and platforms, and product creation and development strategies.
They are tasked with bringing new ideas to life by guiding creative concepts alongside a multi-disciplinary team from strategic inception and feature and requirements ideation through to detailed design, development, and final implementation, and for articulating a clear path of action to communicate our plan for making creative ideas a reality.
Internally, this role works with our design and technology departments to ensure creative solutions we produce address a client's business, brand, and user goals. On the client-facing side, this role works with business development and client engagement personnel to win and grow client business and keep projects on track to deliver on time and on budget.
We are location agnostic, and hiring across multiple time zones, for in-office or remote.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the creation of strategy deliverables for clients
- Gather business, brand, and user needs requirements, by driving stakeholders and core client team workshops
- Conduct targeted research into brand, competitive, or business whitespace through reviewing of secondary and primary sources
- Lead UX and design work to support and collaborate in the strategy for a given client engagement and present findings to senior client stakeholders
- Partner with technology leadership to develop client-facing roadmaps and launch successful products
- Structure and lead creative brainstorms in order to ensure adherence to overall strategy; driving key decisions and communicate results to broader project team
- Work with UX team to develop primary research plans, conduct research, and analyze results
- Contribute to overall quality of strategy department by shaping project activities and deliverable formats, and by presenting work at department meetings
- Manage multiple strategists of different seniority levels, embracing and passing on a culture of mentorship and personal development and growth
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience in a Product Management or Digital Strategy role
- Proven track record of leading successful digital product development engagements
- Ability to interface with senior business executives and drive strategic decisions around key project milestones
- Deep expertise with key activities and with producing key deliverables associated with the product development process
- Ability to execute client-facing deliverables and to present those to senior executives independently
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
Code and Theory is a strategically driven, digital-first creative agency that lives at the intersection of creativity and technology. We solve consumer and business problems across the entire customer journey that flex to meet the ever-changing needs of consumer expectations. We put the user, their behaviors and needs, at the center of everything we do — from our proprietary research methodologies, to product development processes, to how we create brand, channel and messaging strategies. Our goal is simple: to solve our clients business problems.
We bring big ideas to life by looking holistically at brand ecosystems where digital plays a prominent role in driving the consumer from first-touch through to conversion to relationship deepening over time. We identify gaps in the consumer journey and opportunities in culture that require products, services or communications to fill. We work across categories, ranging as far and wide as health care (Pfizer, Sanofi, Reach MD, Bioreference Laboratories) to financial services (JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, Morgan Stanley, First Data) to cpg (Mars, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson) to technology companies (Facebook, Xerox, Samsung, Comcast) to culture brands (adidas, H&M). And because our DNA is in publishing — we’ve embedded in over 135 newsrooms in the past decade — we bring unique expertise in understanding how content is created, distributed and optimized, including our work with CNN, NBC News, NBC Sports, and Bustle Digital Group.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing our creativity beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their consumers.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.