At Code and Theory, Motion Designers breathe life into digital brands and products. Motion Design is an emerging discipline at Code and Theory with a small team, and we’re looking for a Junior Motion Designer who can put their creativity to work across a variety of brands and industries. We value a production-focused workflow, creating nuanced and beautiful work quickly and efficiently.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Animated user journeys through digital product mockups
- Short-form animations for digital campaigns
- Motion packages with a strong sense of brand identity and originality
- Long-form narrative pieces to illustrate complex ideas
- Generate storyboards, style frames, and motion studies in order to align the internal team and sell-through concepts to clients
- Work within a variety of styles to deliver designs that meet brand guidelines
- Communicate with producers to set realistic expectations about what can be delivered within the project timeline
- Handle production and output for multiple final assets simultaneously
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator), Cinema4D, and OctaneRender
- Proficiency in video editing (Premiere)
- Maintain well-organized project files and folders
- Stay current with emerging animation trends and techniques
- Demonstrate a variety of different animation styles, including work with type
- Be curious and enthusiastic
- Maintain best practices for the discipline
- Work as a supporting member of the larger project team, possibly as the sole Motion Designer on a project or paired with a more senior Motion Designer
- Participate in the overall growth and development of the Motion Design discipline
Every project at Code and Theory is made up of a multidisciplinary team from strategy, creative, and technology. On brand projects, Motion Designers will work closely with visual designers and copywriters to establish look-and-feel and narrative, and execute the final production of any motion assets. For product design work, Motion Designers collaborate closely with interaction designers, visual designers, and front-end developers to hone animations and maintain quality through development.
We bring big ideas to life by looking holistically at brand ecosystems where digital plays a prominent role in driving the consumer from first-touch through to conversion to relationship deepening over time. We identify gaps in the consumer journey and opportunities in culture that require products, services or communications to fill. We work across categories, ranging as far and wide as health care (Pfizer, Sanofi, Reach MD, Bioreference Laboratories) to financial services (JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, Morgan Stanley, First Data) to cpg (Mars, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson) to technology companies (Facebook, Xerox, Samsung, Comcast) to culture brands (adidas, H&M). And because our DNA is in publishing — we’ve embedded in over 135 newsrooms in the past decade — we bring unique expertise in understanding how content is created, distributed and optimized, including our work with CNN, NBC News, NBC Sports, and Bustle Digital Group.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing our creativity beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their consumers.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.