At Code and Theory, our User Research team helps us to understand the people we are designing for, what motivates them and where well-designed products and campaigns fit into their lifestyles and workflows. We apply a healthy combination of strategic and tactical user research methods including surveys, interviews, usability testing, competitive analysis, concept testing, and cognitive walkthroughs to uncover insights and learn about people, products, and experiences.
As part of our Data, Analytics, and Research team, User Researchers have a natural curiosity and passion for design thinking and are eager to utilize research in order to prioritize product and campaign decisions, inform business strategy, guide design, and influence the overall user experience.
Partnering closely with experience strategists and interaction designers, they are the ambassadors for the user perspective, and are confident, compelling, and excited to share findings to internal teams and clients in visual, written, and in-person settings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Independently design, execute, and analyze research studies for our clients using a variety of methods such as in-depth interviews, surveys, usability testing, diary studies, and quantitative information architecture testing
- Provide tactical, actionable recommendations to inform strategy and design
- Clearly communicate findings and insights in a compelling manner to both internal and client teams
- Be an evangelist for how research can elevate strategic thinking throughout the organization
- Provide mentorship and oversight to junior team members to activate their existing skills and inspire growth
- Experience in a user research role at a major website, digital agency, publisher, consulting firm, financial, retail/e-commerce, CPG, or FMCG organization.
- Experience overseeing the entire research process from start to finish, which includes understanding the project brief, developing research objectives, designing the approach, executing the research, and synthesizing data to provide actionable recommendations
- Able to clearly conceptualize and communicate insights, as well as prioritize findings based on user needs, client business objectives, and overall feasibility
- Broad experience with qualitative research methods to inform product strategy and design, working in Keynote, as well as a range of research tools and platforms
- Equal parts excellent listener, writer, and storyteller
- Enjoy collaborative work with cross-functional teams in a strategy-driven and creative environment
WHAT IT TAKES
You are nimble, extremely observational, listen hard and understand the need to balance and prioritize in a fast-paced setting. Our research is experience-focused and primarily qualitative, so you need to have broad experience with these methodologies and capably deliver on creative ideas and campaigns. Due to the fast-paced, ever-changing nature of our work, flexibility is a must; the ideal candidate is excited to dive into traditional research methods, and able to manage projects where we are creative with our time and resources.
You are equally comfortable working autonomously as you are hyper-collaboratively, and are at ease in planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and sharing findings for projects and pitches. You nerd out on design trends, tools and are excited to promote a strong user-centric design research culture at Code and Theory. Oh, and your communication style? Ace interviewer, ingenious writer, and a strong presenter of research insights and findings. User Researchers at Code and Theory inspire our internal teams to think differently about how we solve real-world challenges, as well as how we approach and create transformative solutions for our clients.