At Code and Theory, our research team helps us to understand the people we are designing for, what motivates them and where well-designed products and campaigns fit into their lifestyles and workflows. We apply a healthy combination of strategic and tactical user research methods including surveys, interviews, usability testing, competitive analysis, concept testing and cognitive walkthroughs to uncover insights and learn about people, products and experiences.
As part of our Data, Analytics and Research team, User Researchers have a natural curiosity and passion for design thinking and are eager to utilize research in order to prioritize product and campaign decisions, inform business strategy, guide design and influence the overall user experience.
Partnering closely with experience strategists and interaction designers, they are the ambassadors for the user perspective, and are confident, compelling and excited to share findings to internal teams and clients in visual, written and in-person settings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- The researcher is expected to support our Senior Researcher, and be immersed in our analytics and research practice and learn everything about Code and Theory’s approach to research
- Define research approach for the assigned projects
- Able to integrate research thinking into every part of the work, and be an evangelist of how research can elevate our strategic thinking for client work as well as the process to uncover user insights
- Solid experience in a research role at an agency or consumer-focused company
- Broad experience of qualitative research methods, working in keynote, as well as a range of research tools and platforms
- Able to observe, analyze, question, synthesize, conceptualize and communicate insights
- Equal parts excellent listener, writer, and storyteller
- Enjoy collaborative work with cross-functional teams in a strategy-driven and creative environment
WHAT IT TAKES
You are nimble, extremely observational, listen hard and understand the need to balance and prioritize in a fast-paced setting. Our research is experience-focused and primarily qualitative, so you need to have broad experience with these methodologies and capably deliver on creative ideas and campaigns. You nerd out on design trends, tools and are excited to promote a strong user-centric design research culture at Code and Theory.
You are equally comfortable working autonomously as you are hyper-collaboratively, and are at ease in planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and sharing findings for projects and pitches. Oh, and your communication style? Ace interviewer, ingenious writer and a diplomatic co-worker. User Researchers at Code and Theory inspire our internal teams to think differently about how we solve real-world challenges, as well as how we approach and create transformative solutions for our clients.