Code and Theory’s Senior Visual Designers in the Product space create beautiful, compelling, and functional work. These are creative people who show excitement for digital thinking in everything they do. The Freelance Senior Visual Designer is a thinker and creator who considers the function of their products equal to aesthetics. Strong typography, iconography and unique branding are the DNA of our visual language for interactive systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be able to communicate and present work effectively
- Lead visual product design on projects
- Liaise with production discipline and design team to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain brand consistency
- Be a team player and a positive addition to our company culture
- BA/BS in Visual Arts, Marketing, Communication or other related discipline preferred
- 5+ years interactive design experience
- Strong portfolio with engaging diverse designs demonstrating a passion for product design
- A strong understanding of interactivity and the Web, and the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout
- Careful attention to detail
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to effectively communicate and coordinate with other disciplines to ensure the visual design is communicating the desired message.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and familiarity After Effects (or another animation platform in order to quickly animate designs)
- Excellent working knowledge of design software Figma, Sketch, Principle, Zeplin and Invision, Keynote, PowerPoint and Google Slides