At Code and Theory, Motion Designers breathe life into digital brands and products. Motion Design is an emerging discipline at Code and Theory with a small team, and we’re looking for a Junior Motion Designer who can put their creativity to work across a variety of brands and industries. We value a production-focused workflow, creating nuanced and beautiful work quickly and efficiently.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Animated user journeys through digital product mockups
- Short-form animations for digital campaigns
- Motion packages with a strong sense of brand identity and originality
- Long-form narrative pieces to illustrate complex ideas
- Generate storyboards, style frames, and motion studies in order to align the internal team and sell-through concepts to clients
- Work within a variety of styles to deliver designs that meet brand guidelines
- Communicate with producers to set realistic expectations about what can be delivered within the project timeline
- Handle production and output for multiple final assets simultaneously
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator), Cinema4D, and OctaneRender
- Proficiency in video editing (Premiere)
- Maintain well-organized project files and folders
- Stay current with emerging animation trends and techniques
- Demonstrate a variety of different animation styles, including work with type
- Be curious and enthusiastic
- Maintain best practices for the discipline
- Work as a supporting member of the larger project team, possibly as the sole Motion Designer on a project or paired with a more senior Motion Designer
- Participate in the overall growth and development of the Motion Design discipline
Every project at Code and Theory is made up of a multidisciplinary team from strategy, creative, and technology. On brand projects, Motion Designers will work closely with visual designers and copywriters to establish look-and-feel and narrative, and execute the final production of any motion assets. For product design work, Motion Designers collaborate closely with interaction designers, visual designers, and front-end developers to hone animations and maintain quality through development.
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long- and short-term disability. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, monthly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.