Software Business Analyst (Systems Analyst)
The Software Business Analyst (or System Analyst) is a member of the Technology team who is responsible for gathering and synthesizing project/product requirements (business, functional, technical, testing) in conjunction with the larger internal team (Strategy, Design, Production).
They are involved throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC) in order to setup the requirements as well as maintain as new or changing requirements occur during the development process. Specifically, they will develop specifications, requirements, and analyze/create tests for developers and programmers to follow while monitoring the implementation and addressing updates as needed to keep the engineering teams efficient.
In your first few months, you can expect to:
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, system goals, and requirements for a large-scale digital product
- Participate in architecture reviews and workshops to determine the best way to develop the product and set up the engineering team for success
- Start implementing in partnership with the project’s Technical Director and Producers along with the rest of the product engineering team
In your first year, you will:
- Work across a few large-scale projects and help deploy at least one enterprise level product
- Set forth agency best practices for requirement gathering and documentation in conjunction with other agency disciplines
- Manage all technical specifications for your product including: frontend architectures/scripting languages, CMS implementation, and integrations for: site search, advertising, APIs, personalization tools, localization, internationalization, analytics, etc.
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- The ability to gather and synthesize business objectives and translates them into requirements
- Provide business expertise through the interpretation, synthesis, and translation of requirements throughout the SDLC
- Design and deliver project artifacts, including process workflows, business rules, wireframes, screen element specifications, user stories, and acceptance test cases
- Provide input into detailed project estimates and work plans with the producers and project leads
- Proactively organize and facilitate requirements and design review sessions, story mapping exercises and backlog grooming
- Have successfully worked on multiple enterprise-level engineering projects
- Have experience working with commonly used CMS platforms like AEM or Drupal
- Prior agency/services experience a plus (not required)
- Proactively unblock, manage or escalate issues via day-to-day project statuses both internal and to the client
- Develop strong relationships across the Technology/Production teams and working with large (on-shore/near-shore/off-shore) teams as the “go-to” person to solve engineering problems
- Strong experience in a high-volume and high-pressure environment – must have experience with products deployments