Code and Theory’s Backend Developers are talented, self-motivated, and hands-on software engineers who enjoy clearing these hurdles with poise and panache. Inevitable blockers don’t make you anxious, because you know it’s all part of the product lifecycle.
From design, to deployment, to post-launch phases - including technical trainings - you’ll utilize a wide variety of programming languages to craft elegant solutions to the occasional shortcomings of the digital minutiae to keep things running as smooth as (humanly) possible. This is your field of expertise, after all; you thrive on the ability to demonstrate your expertise from behind the proverbial curtain.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Get onboarded to a high profile project that involves high-trafficked web properties
- Participate in site-architecture reviews and workshops to determine the best way to develop new features
- Start implementing these features with the support of your Technical Director, other Frontend and Backend developers, and DevOps engineers
- Work across different projects, leveraging various backend platforms (CMS, etc.) and languages
- Develop an expertise on middleware and API integration
- Connect complex architectures to third party services (CRM, DAM, PIM, etc.)
We’re not sticklers for experience, but there are a few marks you should hit to help push your resume down the line.
Here’s the part that looks like alphabet soup: as a Backend Developer at Code and Theory, we want to see deep experience working with languages and platforms including:
- PHP, Java, Python, Apache Kafka, Redis
- CMS platforms including AEM or Drupal
- Linux, bash, complex AWS environments, 3rd party APIs
- Source control using git and GitHub
- Django, Flask, TDD/BDD
- Docker or Kubernetes containerization environments
- ELK, Splunk, Datadog logging and visualization development
- High-volume event-driven data systems
You should work here if you’re a top-notch developer who is passionate about mentoring and sharing collected knowledge with other engineers. You’ll build interesting things, grow your skills, and work in a highly intelligent, motivated team.