The Creative team is a multidisciplinary collective managing the Art Direction, Visual Design, Motion, and Production. Junior Visual Designers create user experiences that bring our brands to life and push the world of digital media forward.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Junior Visual Designers at Code and Theory are highly organized and work quickly, balancing multiple projects at once. A fast learner, you’re excited to take on new responsibilities including:
- With the guidance of senior team members, create highly polished product designs
- Collaborate closely with developers to ensure work matches design specs
- Collaborate with team members to concept new features, and iterate on existing digital products under the direction of senior designers
- Be a part of the "last mile" of product design process; participate in design handoff to developers
- Create and maintain style guides to ensure consistent experiences
We’re an open and creative group at Code and Theory. To be an effective Junior Visual Designer, here are a few essentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Design, Digital Design, or relevant work experience
- 1+ years working in a professional digital design setting
- Excellent attention to detail and visual eye
- Great sense of typography, image, and visual hierarchy
- Thoughtfulness, ability to explain your design choices
- Ability to design systems that translate across screen sizes
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite—Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects; Sketch; Keynote, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of Principle and other prototyping software, Agile experience a plus
WHAT IT TAKES
This design position is a part of the product and technology team, which is responsible for design and development of client sites, mobile apps, various media apps, and internal tools.
Junior Visual Designers are smart, creative, detailed, and flexible. You’ll deliver inspired and effective designs across digital formats for an exciting range of clients.
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long- and short-term disability. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.