Our Senior Creative Strategist collaborates very closely with our design and technology departments to ensure creative solutions we produce address a client’s business, brand, and user goals. Even more important than developing the appropriate creative solutions for our clients is doing so in a way that is implementable given organizational, technology, and timeline constraints. Creative Strategists are ultimately responsible for bringing new ideas to life: by guiding creative concepts from inception through to detailed design, development, and final implementation, and for articulating a clear path of action to communicate our plan for making creative ideas a reality.
The Senior Creative Strategist is often the overall creative leader on a project, driving UX, design, and technology leads to produce the best work for a given client engagement. This role has deep knowledge and expertise in all elements of the product development process and is capable of both executing deliverables and overseeing the execution of deliverables by more junior strategists. Proactive and described as a self-starter, this role is able to quickly understand what activities and deliverables are required to steer a client engagement to success and effectively lead a team to produce against that project vision. As a Senior Creative Strategist, you’ll report to the Director of Creative Strategy.
Typically Senior Creative Strategist at Code and Theory are involved in the following activities:Responsibilities:
- Accountability for overall success or failure of creative strategy on a given client engagement: this role is the lead on every project they staff
- Leading UX, design, and technology teams to define strategy for a given client engagement and present findings to senior client stakeholders
- Structuring and leading creative brainstorms in order to ensure adherence to overall strategy; driving key decisions and communicate results to broader project team
- Collaborating with technology team to ensure adherence of final digital product to original creative concept; leading internal creative iterations as necessary
- Conducting targeted research into brand, competitive, or business whitespace through reviewing of secondary and primary sources
- Working with UX team to develop primary research plans, conduct research, and analyze results
- Leading development of materials required to support business development opportunities as required, including both written and creative deliverables
- Contributing to overall quality of strategy department by shaping project activities and deliverable formats, and by presenting work at department meetings
- 4+ years experience in a Product Management or 6+ years experience in a Digital Strategy role
- Proven track record of leading successful digital product development engagements in the past
- Deep expertise with key activities and with producing key deliverables associated with the product development process a must
- Ability to execute client-facing deliverables entirely without oversight from fellow strategists, and to present those to senior executives independently
- Ability to interface with senior business executives and drive strategic decisions around key project milestones a must
- Experience managing direct reports not required but strongly encouraged
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.