The Senior Copywriter will be a highly driven individual; a strong technical copywriter with detailed knowledge in both user experience and web technologies. In this position, your abilities will be directed toward writing user manuals and other instructional content. The right candidate for this position will have the ability to create premium content that speaks to any target audience in an inclusive and exciting manner. Typically Senior Copywriter at Code and Theory are involved in the following activities:
- Being able to capture the attention of the target audience with material that is easy to comprehend technically correct.
- Attending and/or leading meetings with account executives in order to detail the client's requirements and core messages.
- Developing a deep understanding of the product and target audience, as well as competitors activities.
- Exploring and drafting ideas and concepts for both the technical and verbal aspects of a project.
- Editing copy until a client is satisfied.
- Projects may include UI, app and website creation. These projects may range anywhere from a short one-off/ 1 hour exercise to period of several weeks.
- 3-5 years of experience; prior experience working for agencies is a plus.
- Strong understanding of, and background in writing for, user experience a must. Copywriting for marketing purposes also a plus.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with excellent writing, grammar, spelling and formatting skills.
- Proven ability to create copy for a variety of audiences, brands and industries.
- Experience writing across all platforms, including, but not limited to mobile and web.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with other disciplines including Visual Design, IA, AD, as well as Product and Executive stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects, simultaneously, and re-prioritize as necessary.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as National Geographic, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Los Angeles Times, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, Chandon, and BURGER KING®, to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.