At Code and Theory, Copywriters are open to taking on diverse assignments across a myriad of products and brands. This is a place to try new things and have fun zeroing in on your strengths. Every day, we work to solve business problems through words. Whether it’s writing up a group’s ideas or spreading a message across channels, we collaborate with people in multiple disciplines to ideate, articulate, and make work that’s attractive and effective.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Copywriter you work with a range of different people, internally and externally, and on various types of projects, including brand-specific and product-specific campaigns. Copywriters have an incredible ability to adjust their voice depending on the project, easily adapting voice & tone while simultaneously writing clearly and succinctly. We’re super thoughtful about aligning your interests and experiences with assignments, but this is a great place to build your book in new ways. These are some of the types of writing you could expect to work on:
- Interface Copy: Manuscripts for sites and comps
- Buy Flow/Technical: Instructional copy for ecommerce and more, with strategic CTAs
- Long Form: From journalistic articles to tone-setting manifestos
- Concepting: Brainstorming in diverse groups (not just one visual partner) and staying on-strategy
- Scriptwriting: Treatments and video scripts that tell stories through both voice over and supers
- Naming: Brainstorm to produce names and rationales that exhibit strategic, linguistic creativity
- Deck Writing: Effectively explain conceptual ideas with impactful cadence
- Voice Development: Help create a brand voice and nuance the tone across audiences or channels
- 3+ years of creative copywriting experience, including digital
- An easy collaborator, moving between varying coworkers and clients
- Detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Positive outlook and optimistic attitude; genuinely cares about doing great work
Copywriters should be able to work independently, but also take direction well—from both creatives and strategists. Our copy team is always growing, and chances are you’ll have a job that’s never existed—which means you have an opportunity to shape your role and gratify your goals. We don’t want you to simply take assignments or fill in blanks, but ask questions and contribute solutions that lead to smarter, better work through the lens of the copy discipline.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.