The Java Developer will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team to construct a systems integration and data synchronization mechanism for a large e-commerce and publishing system.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, always exploring and innovating to implement the best possible solution. Five plus (5+) years of development experience in Java and Spring is a must.Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the development of a systems integration platform that bi-directionally synchronizes data between a new tech stack and the client’s legacy system.
- Extending the capabilities of the e-commerce platform to implement custom business logic.
- Working with a larger team to develop processes and software to integrate several parts of a large technology stack and build appropriate test cases.
- Work in an agile, rapid development, and prototyping environment.
- Minimum 8 Years of Experience in an engineering role.
- Solid understanding of OOP and design patterns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working with large-scale enterprise Java applications.
- Experience with Spring Framework and/or other dependency injection frameworks.
- Experience with projects involving significant ETL.
- Strong oral & written English communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals in various disciplines, and across various technologies.
- Experience with Apache Camel for systems integration and asynchronous messaging pipelines.
- Java Message Service API (JMS).
- Dev ops with Chef, Ansible, or similar; experience setting up dedicated environments (development, QA, etc.) and integrating with a CI chain.
- Elastic Path or other large-scale e-commerce platforms
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as National Geographic, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Los Angeles Times, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, Chandon, and BURGER KING®, to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.