DevOps Engineers at Code & Theory support the engineering team globally. They work across different platforms and technical stacks, and make sure that each team has the right tools at their disposal to be as efficient as possible. They streamline the on boarding of new developers and development process by working side by side with the technical director on:
- Normalized architectures that take into account performance, maintainability, while respecting the best practices.
- Standardized and pre-configured dev and QA environments relying on templates
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment, etc.
You will also be responsible for optimizing our internal tools, from the way we are managing our cloud environments, to way our internal projects are set up and maintained.
Finally, you’ll be supporting active and upcoming projects for which we develop new experiences and have to deliver new types of system architecture. Whetherr it’s for in-store experiences, AR/VR projects, AI tools, signage projects, we need our DevOps engineers to ideate and experiment with the development teams to come up with the best solutions.
In your first few months, you can expect to:
- Audit our current cloud infrastructure and recommend paths for improvement
- Review existing clients’ projects/architecture/infrastructure to support the respective development teams
- Analyze our current build processes, especially around Technical Architecture Definition and Sprint 0, to identify how this process can be optimized.
In your first year, you will:
- Develop a skill set across all the technical stacks that Code & Theory is using: CMS, Ecommerce, AI/ML/NLP, AR/VR, experiential, etc.
- Interact with Technical Directors very early in the delivery process (as early as the definition phase)
- Rollout the improvements that have been identified (potential topics: CI/CD, Atlassian, AWS/Azure, Server provisioning, etc.)
- Mentor Technical Directors and other DevOps engineers to expand our knowledge base in the field and establish best practices.
To succeed in this role you should have:
- 5-7 years of work experience. An understanding of typical agency processes is beneficial but not required
- Extensive sysadmin and devops experience
- Designing and operating highly available software in large distributed and virtual environments.
- Automation should be in your DNA
- Working on continuous deployments in a rapid startup or agency environment
- Robust capabilities in Linux, Unix, MacOX and Windows operating systems
- Deep understanding of complex network topologies, cloud/laas environment (AWS, Azure), virtualization software (VMWare) and build systems (Jenkins, Maven, Ant).
- Tools including: orchestration (Kubernetes), configuration management (Ansible, Chef), containerization (Vagrant, Docker) and monitoring/alert (New Relic, Nagios)
- Experience setting up platforms and processes in a multi-project, multi-client environment
- Experience integrating environments for both web projects (Drupal, AEM, Sitecore), as well as mobile or interactive projects