Code And Theory is an award-winning creative agency which designs brand and product experiences across platforms, with offices in New York, San Francisco, London and Manila. Founded in New York City in late 2001 as a small digital shop, we’ve and grown into one of the largest remaining independent creative agencies in the U.S. through a commitment to creating excellent and innovative work, regardless of medium. Our past and current clients include Vogue, Bloomberg, Hearst Magazines, SiriusXM, Comcast, NBC Olympics, The State of New York, The Los Angeles Times, Motel 6, Huffington Post, Samsung, Starwood Hotels, WWE, H&R Block, Burger King, Dr.Pepper Snapple Group and L’Oreal.
At Code And Theory, we only want to be limited by our own ambition and creativity, and we never stop pushing our work and our clients to pursue the right solution, rather than the easy one.
The Executive Producer leads and manages client engagements and is responsible for overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of deliverables across large accounts or client groups. This person is also a mentor and coordinator for producers, helping assess and head-off red flags and set best practices for projects across the agency. You must have a passion for the strategy, creative and be able to sell through innovative ideas to the client. The Executive Producer oversees implementation from end-to-end and is an inspirational leader on both client and internal sides of the fence to deliver this work with the best quality possible.
Internally, Executive Producers are managers for Producers and Associate producers – responsible for their career satisfaction and growth. They run weekly meetings and performance reviews with their direct reports and are responsible for account level P&Ls.
Typically Executive Producer at Code and Theory are involved in the following activities:
- Responsible for overall account leadership (partnering with DRI) to develop executive level client relationships that positions C&T as a strategic and innovative agency
- Overseeing producers and creative teams from beginning to end of each engagement’s life cycle and the larger client relationship
- Overseeing teams assigned to multimillion-dollar client relationship(s), being responsible for account growth, staffing and allocations, client satisfaction, prioritization of all deliverables, and ensuring quality of work meets C&T’s agency standards.
- When needed, be able to develop an engagement strategy and work with the team and discipline leads to execute it, involving people at the optimal levels for project success and overall account utilization (goals, deliverables, schedule, budget, resources)
CODE AND THEORY
- Managing account-level P&L by negotiating statements of work and retainers, making sure work is delivered on budget, and responsible for the cash-flow (invoicing, receivables, etc)
- Leading the training/mentoring of producers on production methodology, financial processes, and PM skills
- Resolving team conflicts
- Helping lead weekly allocations meeting
- Serving as an escalation point for all teams, and clients, when it comes to the internal process of a project
- Must have strong presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Can think quickly under pressure, as well as motivate and engage the team to produce the best possible results
- 7 to 10 years in the Digital Agency industry or related experience, developing interactive projects and managing large creative team and clients
- Demonstrated experience running large engagements with Fortune 500 clients or equivalent experience
- Experience with various projects types, including responsive websites, mobile/tablet applications, video, brand, and strategic consulting
- Experience strategy, design, and product development experience
- Able to manage large interdisciplinary teams – 15+ people
- Proven experience managing multi-million dollar accounts successfully
- Proven experience managing P&L and compliance processes
- Ability to define solutions that will generate measurable results for the client
- Excellent negotiation skills (especially contract negotiations) with both clients and partners
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Deep understanding of project management, work flow and infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of web development technologies. Knowledge of quality assurance process is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
CODE AND THEORY BENEFITS
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional coffee on constant brew, field trips, game nights and team outings.