For companies, communication is critical. Internal, external, multi-channel, multi-purpose. As a copywriter for our internal brand, you’ll be helping us hone our voice and shout it loud. Whether it’s editing proposals, writing case studies, or managing our social media, you’ll be in charge of crafting narratives that bring our process, product and personality to life. This is a new role for the agency, and we’re seeking candidates who are proactive and perceptive, not only taking assignments, but creating them.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll report directly to the President of the company and work closely with the CEO, in addition to diverse teams of creatives and strategists. You should be able to edit prose with aplomb, concept for social and write everything from video scripts to press releases to case studies. This is a great opportunity to develop your social media prowess, business acumen, and play a critical role in shaping our presence within and beyond our office walls. Here’s more detail on the types of writing we can anticipate:
- Social Media: Help us conceive and create content franchises. You’ll collaborate with an art partner and members of the broader creative team to ideate unexpected social concepts.
- Case Studies: You’ll be editing existing cases, refining our formats, and interviewing team leads to compose new ones.
- Newsletters: A great place to push the voice of the agency, our newsletter blasts far and wide.
- Proposals/RFPs: We pitch a lot. Our first impression is where we’ll need your expertise, and could take the form of a beautiful deck that expresses our capabilities or a dry RFP where language will need a scrub for consistency and efficacy.
- Proofreading. You’re a card-carrying grammar nerd. Full stop.
- 3+ years of creative copywriting experience, including digital
- Impeccable grammar
- An easy collaborator, moving fluently between coworkers (including agency leads), projects and formats
- Able to both take explicit direction and self-direct when appropriate
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Positive outlook and optimistic attitude; genuinely cares about doing great work
Copywriters should be able to work independently, but also take direction well—from both creatives and strategists. Our copy team is always growing, and this is a job that’s never existed—which means you have an opportunity to shape your role and gratify your goals. We don’t want you to simply take assignments or fill in blanks, but ask questions and contribute solutions that lead to smarter, better work through the lens of the copy discipline.