Production folks at Code and Theory are cool, calm leaders who are able to streamline the creative process for everyone in their working environment. Designers and clients aren’t always in sync, and our production team is there to cut through the static, and to set into motion project plans that result in impressive design solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our Production Directors are responsible for overall client and creative satisfaction. They do this by coordinating the on-time, on-budget completion of deliverables across a portfolio of accounts and client groups. This person is also a mentor and a calming presence for producers. To keep the team calm, and carrying on, a Production Director is likely to be found…:
- Identifying, managing, and triaging potential conflicts and critical project issues such as staffing, budget management, project delays, resourcing, team morale, team output, creative decisions and technical hurdles
- Owning and developing executive-level client relationships across a portfolio of global accounts, and creating and implementing client engagement strategies on all levels of production
- Managing portfolio-level P&L, including negotiating significant SOWs and retainers, ensuring on-budget delivery, and liability for cash-flow (invoicing and receivables).
- Hiring, inspiring and mentoring producers on production methodology, financial processes, and project management skills, and motivating and engaging the team to produce the best work
- Championing open lines of communication between client and creative teams, partnering as an escalation point for all project teams and client stakeholders, helping to clarify project milestones through weekly meetings and presentations
While we are an open and inclusive group at Code and Theory, we do have some concrete asks for this position. To nail the role of Production Director, we’re really looking for:
- 10+ years’ in the digital agency space, overseeing a large portfolio ($4MM+) of accounts of integrated projects, and managing growing teams and significant client relationships
- Ace leadership, communication, and negotiation skills, with a mastery of project management, P&L management, project workflow, and team infrastructure
- Passion for defining client solutions with proven, measurable results on large multi-platform engagements that span responsive websites, mobile/tablet applications, experiential, campaign, video, brand, and strategic consulting
- Tried and true network of content, media, and experiential partners, as well as vendor contacts
Our Production Directors put strong interpersonal skills to use internally - and with our clients - so the ability to take and give constructive feedback seamlessly is invaluable. Working at Code and Theory, you’ll keep several plates spinning by deftly shepherding the client and internal teams through your comprehensive plan. Expert-level nimbleness means you won’t get bogged down with minutia, and you’ll hype the team up to get our best-in-class work across the finish line - every time!
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.