Front-end Developers play a critical role in most projects at Code and Theory. They are actively involved throughout the project lifecycle, often times starting with rapid prototypes early in the design phase. In some cases, the end goal is high-fidelity prototypes, but most of the time the developers will ultimately be writing clean, production-ready code, which will be integrated with the backend/APIs and refined via the QA process. A Front-end Developer will remain engaged through the launch to ensure that everything functions and performs at the highest level.
Our Front-end Developers must work very closely with the design team, not only to identify gaps and vet the designs for feasibility, but also to help inform the experience design through a technical lens. This is particularly important in the increasingly responsive web, where developers and designers need to work hand-in-hand to find solutions to a wide range of design challenges.
- 3+ years of mobile web development with a strong understanding of mobile browser capabilities
- 2+ years of responsive, ideally mobile-first, development
- Extensive experience with a CSS pre-processor (e.g. Sass, Less)
- Extensive experience with cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with source control (e.g. Git)
- Experience with back-end integration and server-side templating
- Some experience with client-side templating (e.g. Mustache.js, Handlebars.js)
- Proficient with Photoshop and InDesign, ability to translate layered comps into code
- Experience integrating with 3rd party social APIs
- Demonstrated knowledge of client-side performance analysis and optimization techniques
- Demonstrated use of vector graphics
- Desire to mentor and lead other developers, and share knowledge with the broader team
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Prior agency experience
- Experience with a task runner such as Grunt or Gulp
- TDD/BDD experience
- Experience using Selenium/WebDriverJS/Jasmine/Protractor
- Extensive experience with one or more of the following back-end frameworks/platforms: Laravel, CodeIgniter, node.js, Ruby on Rails, Drupal, Wordpress
- Extensive experience with AngularJS
- Mobile app development experience in Objective-C (iOS) and/or Java (Android)
- Experience with a mobile app development framework such as PhoneGap/Cordova or Titanium
CODE AND THEORY BENEFITS
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health and dental coverage, life insurance and long-term disability.
Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jars and exceptional coffee on constant brew, field trips, game nights and team outings. There is also our agency ping-pong and softball teams, which may or may not have won their respective league championships sometime in the past 3 years.