Our Data Engineers are a central part of our Data and Analytics Team. They support our clients and internal teams, designing APIs and ETLs to transfer and transform huge sets of data between our clients’ data centers, cloud-based solutions like Amazon Redshift and Google BigQuery. They also work closely with our Data Scientists to help them extract valuable insights from these data sets, in order to provide our clients with valuable and actionable information that will help them drive their business. For that purpose, they can process the required data through a BI solution, and develop custom dashboards.
- BS/BA in relevant field, such as Math, Statistics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 7+ years of development and data engineering
- Mandatory experience with at least one of: Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery
- Mandatory experience with at least one reporting/data visualization tool: Tableau, Qlikview, Domo, or equivalent
- Mandatory experience with at least one of the following statistics / data science programming languages: Python (numpy, scipy, pandas), R, SAS
- Mandatory experience in the creation of ETLs to import/export data between systems, through the usage of an existing tool (SAS, SSIS, ODI, Infosphere, or equivalent), or custom development (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with at least one BI suite: Oracle BI, Siebel, SAS, Cognos, or equivalent
- Experience with task-processing and messaging tools like Celery, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka
- Experience manipulating e-commerce, analytics, social data for industry leaders (millions of records per day)
- Experience with distributed computation tools such as Apache Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Amazon EMR
- Hands on experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Understanding of SQL and relational data warehousing concepts
- Understanding of leading NoSQL solutions such as Cassandra and MongoDB
- Comfort and skill in using Git to collaborate with other developers
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with standard web tracking tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture
- Experience setting up and maintaining environments on AWS
- You’re passionate about servicing client and helping them make the smartest business decisions thanks to their data.
- You’ll actively participate in the evolution of our technologies and technology practices, occasionally pitch new technologies that you believe in, and participate in workshops to learn new skills
- You’ve worked in an environment where Big Data is just a concept, or where business decisions are not led by actual data insights and want to make more of an impact
- You’re ready to work collaboratively with very creative people, and define your own requirements to hit specific business KPIs
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional coffee on constant brew, field trips, game nights and team outings.