The Code and Theory Data, Analytics, Research & Testing (DART) team is looking for a talented individual to help us get inside the mind of the user as we create world-class products and experiences. The ideal candidate is a combination of strategic and tactical research methods in human form. As Associate Director of Research, your typical workday may go from surveys to interviews, usability testing, competitive analysis and concept testing.
As part of our Data, Analytics, and Research team, User Researchers have a natural curiosity and passion for design thinking and are eager to utilize research in order to prioritize product and campaign decisions, inform business strategy, guide design, and influence the overall user experience.
Partnering closely with experience strategists and interaction designers, they are the ambassadors for the user perspective, and are confident, compelling, and excited to share findings to internal teams and clients in visual, written, and in-person settings.
What you’ll do:
As AD of Research, you’ll inform and inspire your team to solve real-world challenges with transformative creative solutions. Your role is to represent the voice of the user—working closely with strategists and designers to share their findings in written, visual, and in-person settings.
- Lead in-depth client-facing user research that ranges in scale and method (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Find compelling ways to illustrate their research findings through storytelling with clients and internal teams
- Advise and oversee both internal and external research partners
- Build and nurture partnerships with data analysts, strategists (product, brand & marketing, experience, content) & designers (visual & interaction)
- Advocate for research within the organization
- Lead new business pitches
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods to inform product and brand strategy, experience strategy, and design.
- You are the expert in developing creative research methodologies to uncover insights around user needs, mindset, and behaviors. and to integrate research thinking into every part of the work
- An evangelist of how research can elevate our strategic thinking for client work as well as the process to uncover user insights.
- Ability to observe, analyze, synthesize, conceptualize and communicate insights
- An equal-parts listener, writer, and storyteller
- Collaborative worker with cross-functional teams in a highly creative environment
- Capacity to manage and guide external vendors and partners to execute research
- Experience working with Keynote, as well as a range of research tools and platforms such as Qualtrics, userinterviews.com
The Associate Director of Research should have an insatiable curiosity for the user's needs & experience—leveraging key insights to inform product design, campaign work, and business strategy.
Code and Theory is a strategically driven, digital-first creative agency that lives at the intersection of creativity and technology. We solve consumer and business problems across the entire customer journey that flex to meet the ever-changing needs of consumer expectations. We put the user, their behaviors and needs, at the center of everything we do — from our proprietary research methodologies, to product development processes, to how we create brand, channel and messaging strategies. Our goal is simple: to solve our clients business problems.
We bring big ideas to life by looking holistically at brand ecosystems where digital plays a prominent role in driving the consumer from first-touch through to conversion to relationship deepening over time. We identify gaps in the consumer journey and opportunities in culture that require products, services or communications to fill. We work across categories, ranging as far and wide as health care (Pfizer, Sanofi, Reach MD, Bioreference Laboratories) to financial services (JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, Morgan Stanley, First Data) to cpg (Mars, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson) to technology companies (Facebook, Xerox, Samsung, Comcast) to culture brands (adidas, H&M). And because our DNA is in publishing — we’ve embedded in over 135 newsrooms in the past decade — we bring unique expertise in understanding how content is created, distributed and optimized, including our work with CNN, NBC News, NBC Sports, and Bustle Digital Group.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing our creativity beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their consumers.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.