Art Directors at Code and Theory set the bar for art direction and graphic design in the digital industry on all campaign elements including social media, video, identity design, website, packaging, and occasionally print. They have a strong eye for design, photography and typography and the ability to think conceptually. They are able to move from one project to the next with ease and have increasing confidence in their skills and creative perspective. Experience with large-scale projects that touch every corner of digital media campaigns is essential, as is managerial and client-facing experience in the Senior role.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Art direct and design interesting and innovative digitally integrated campaigns
- Contribute to the concept and creation of design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Work closely with creative leadership
- Concept and participate in/lead photo and video shoots
- Create visual designs with strong typography and iconography, as well as unique branding
- Design storyboards that clearly communicate a story, including animation execution and relevant graphic elements
- Construct clean and organized creative deliverables that adhere to style guidelines
- Effectively participate in brainstorms and other idea-generating team sessions
- Maintain high quality of creative and presentation deliverables
- Collaborate with interaction designers and others to create the most compelling and successful products possible
- Guide junior designers to help them successfully execute their duties and to grow into world-class designers
- Digital agency or relevant in-house design and art direction experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for conceptual thinking, design, and skill in visual communication
- A strong background in creative problem solving, strategic brainstorming, and creative execution
- A strong understanding of digital and motion design
- A strong understanding of layout, typography and hierarchy
- Some knowledge of html and CSS
- On-set photoshoot art direction experience
- Ability to think and respond quickly, maintaining attention to detail on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills; an ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Solid understanding of a wide range of interactive technologies, best practices, and emerging trends in digital products
- An eagerness to collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Well-developed communication skills including ability to articulate and present thoughts and creative ideas
- A solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and familiarity After Effects (or another animation platform in order to quickly animate designs)
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long- and short-term disability. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.