Technical Directors (TDs) at Code and Theory are subject matter experts in particular domains and stay abreast of developments and changes in those industries and technologies. They are paired with clients and lead complex technical projects from inception to delivery.
TDs craft the right technical approach to meet business needs and future-proof client organizations. They are also responsible for the management and development of a team aligned to specific technical competencies.
As a Technical Director focusing on our Healthcare Service offering “Code and Theory Health”, you should understand and have experience with a wide range of Healthcare-specific software (including Veeva (Salesforce), IQVIA, Crossix) as well legal, compliance, and security protocols. Additionally, familiarity with Healthcare Ad Technologies and data handling are a bonus.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
During the early stages of a project/program:
- Conduct technical audits
- Select every part of the technical stack through a collaborative, transparent and iterative process
- Present software architectures and infrastructures recommendations
- Provide detailed technical recommendations in the format of a Technical Approach Document that outlines the software, platform, and infrastructure recommendations as well as development best practices, coding standards, and security considerations
During the design and development phase of these projects/programs:
- Ensure on time and on budget delivery of the project
- Work with DevOps engineers to set up environments, CI/CD, etc.
- Pair with the project’s producer to control the project scope
- Ensure that the proper development workflow and project delivery process are followed (backlog grooming, sprint conformance, code review, etc.)
- Work with the QA department to determine the right testing activities (manual, automated, security, load/performance, accessibility, etc.)
- Assist the developers in their day to day activities
- Be involved in client meetings (stand ups, steering committees) to provide technical client communication and progress updates
Throughout the project/program lifecycle:
- Actively pursue business opportunities with the rest of the project team to convert them into actual projects
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructures to support websites or applications
- Hands-on experience in frontend development, backend development, infrastructure, and healthcare platforms
- Extensive experience working with version control systems in a team setting
- Significant experience implementing and architecting solutions in IQVIA or Veeva and Crossix
- Preferred experience with Ad Tech / Mar Tech related to healthcare: Google DFP, Facebook Ads, Amazon Advertising, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, AAM, Marketo
Other required skills:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to simplify complex technical concepts for a non-technical audience and explain business goals to a technical team
- Experience leading development projects -- you know Scrum or an alternative project management approach and you’re used to participating in the requirements-gathering process for new projects
- Can review code and know how to provide constructive feedback to developers
- You can look at wireframes, designs, or data models, evaluate their complexity, and plan the work of the development team (breaking down tasks, creating timelines and project backlogs)
- You’re passionate about learning more, and are excited to collaborate with other team members across User Experience, Visual Design and Engineering
- You are comfortable working with 3rd-party vendors for integration and support
- You’ll actively participate in the evolution of our technologies and technology practices, pitch new technologies that you believe in, and participate in workshops to learn new skills