At Code and Theory, Senior Interaction Designers focus on how people interact with products and services – whether it’s on a site, in an app, a retail experience, an interior space, or anything else that might cross our desks. We focus on how to make these interactions better, easier, and faster, as well as more delightful, interesting, and innovative.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Bring a high-level of creativity and creative problem solving to each project, and be comfortable with pushing boundaries
- Create wires and detailed annotations that are informative and understandable for clients, designers and devs
- Create prototypes to explain key interactions and flows to clients, designers and devs
- Estimate work, commit, and deliver on deadlines, and be vocal if you don’t think it’s possible
- Be an active participant in client work – you may join a project at the start, or one that is already in full swing. In either case, the ability to jump in and be okay with asking questions will be extremely important
- Be a part of both internal and client work sessions – this allows everyone to sketch (and re-sketch) to work through ideas before sitting down to the computer
- Work as the sole Interaction Designer on a project or paired with a junior IxD
- Be a key member of multiple teams throughout full project lifecycles
- Support and learn from other disciplines, for ex: brainstorm features with strategy, participate in user research, answer tech questions
- Contribute to the overall growth and development of the IxD team
- Manage and mentor junior/mid-level designers, helping them chart their career path and provide opportunities to grow
- Relevant agency or product design experience, with increasing managerial and project lead capabilities
- At least 2-3 large-scale, system-driven projects under your belt
- The ability to lead the IxD stream of work on projects, understanding how to break larger projects down into smaller tracts to handoff to junior/mid-level designers if needed
- Experience working on projects that are built from the ground up, as well as built on existing platforms
- An appreciation of soft skills, specifically, listening and communicating effectively – in writing, speaking, and presenting (in-person and on conference calls)
- The ability to clearly articulate your decision-making and design process, challenge assumptions respectfully, and give and receive feedback
- Proficiency with tools such as Sketch, AirTable, Confluence, Jira, Principle, Invision, and Keynote, and the willingness to learn whatever the latest and greatest may be
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long- and short-term disability. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.