Code and Theory’s Senior Visual Designers produce beautiful, compelling work. They are creative individuals who show excitement for digital thinking in everything they do. Our Senior Visual Designers are thinkers and creators who consider the function of their products equal to aesthetics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The bread and butter of our visual design team is the development of platform-driven client sites, mobile and media applications, and internal tools that deliver smart and forward-thinking design solutions. As a Senior Visual Designer, we'll likely to ask you to:
- Communicate and present work effectively to both client and internal teams
- Lead design on projects, managing juniors and freelancers, while also contributing to hands-on design
- Reviewing junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Liaise with production discipline and design team to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects for each client’s specific needs
- Be a team player and contributor to our company culture
While we are an open and creative group at Code and Theory, we do have some concrete asks for this position. To be an effective Senior Visual Designer, you should have/be:
- BA/BS in Visual Arts, Marketing, Communication or other related discipline preferred, or relevant work experience
- Strong portfolio with engaging, diverse designs in the digital space, demonstrating a passion for design
- A strong understanding of interactivity and the Web, and the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout
- Motivated, organized, and accountable for your work and that of the team
- An eagerness to collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to effectively communicate and coordinate with other disciplines to ensure the visual design is communicating the desired message
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and familiarity After Effects (or another animation platform in order to quickly animate designs)
- Excellent working knowledge of design software Sketch, Principle, Zeplin and Invision; Figma a plus
- Excellent working knowledge of Keynote, PowerPoint and Google Slides
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.