Sr. Front End Developers at Code and Theory are actively involved throughout the project lifecycle, often times starting with rapid prototypes early in the design phase. Sr Front End Engineers must work very closely with the design team, not only to identify gaps and vet the designs for technical feasibility, but also to help inform the experience design through a technical lens. They are also expected to bootstrap a project from scratch, installing required modules/dependencies, creating necessary build processes, and standing up test environments. Sr Front End Engineers act in a lead capacity within a team to enforce coding standards and best practices, provide technical/architectural guidance, and solve complex problems.Requirements:
- Current or previous digital marketing agency experience is a must
- 3+ years of mobile web development with a strong understanding of mobile browser capabilities
- 2+ years of responsive, ideally mobile-first, development
- Define and enforce organizational coding standards, perform code reviews
- Assist in bootstrapping projects across multiple teams
- Act as a mentor by leading other developers and provide expertise across multiple projects
- Ongoing research of new technologies, frameworks, and best practices
- Provide thought leadership and knowledge sharing across the FE team
- Extensive experience with a CSS pre-processor (e.g. Sass, Less)
- Extensive experience with cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with back-end integration and server-side templating
- Experience with client-side templating (e.g. Mustache.js, Handlebars.js)
- Experience with Node.js (Express)
- Demonstrated knowledge of client-side performance analysis and optimization techniques
- Demonstrated use of vector graphics
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.