Senior AEM Developers at Code and Theory are responsible for leading the development of reusable integrations on custom sites while ensuring good governance practices are in place and standards are being followed. We work in a fast-paced, collaborative and challenging environment, and are always exploring and innovating new ways to implement the best possible solution.
In your first month, you will:
In your first month, you will:
- Work in an agile, rapid development, and prototyping environment
- Be part of the development of AEM templates and components based on Touch UI (or Classic UI)
- Leverage current AEM software releases and ensure governance practices are in place for global implementations.
- Be an ambassador for the value-addition of incorporating AEM-specific recommendations and solutions for digital marketing projects
In your first year, you will:
- Participate in the global implementation of AEM including the design and definition of AEM Content Type Models, Workflows, Content Classifications and Taxonomy to ensure a globally sustainable implementation of the AEM platform. Expertise with AEM Sites, Assets and Forms
- Drive standardization and best practices globally throughout web development initiatives.
- Liaise with the Technical Director and the rest of the development team to promote standards and sustainable, reusable designs of all AEM templates, components, and integrations
- Take part in the oversight of 3rd party integration development initiatives and other system integrations providing design specification oversight and vendor verification / direction
- Propose technology solutions and translate marketing and web site needs into AEM specific recommendations and solutions to meet/exceed project goals
- Investigate and stay current on key emerging technologies related to digital marketing, to help push processes and techniques forward
- Participate in strategic vendor management activities including roadmap discussions to ensure collaboration related to solution evolution and system enhancements
- 5+ years of development experience working in Adobe Experience Manager (Adobe AEM 6.x, AEM 6.2, AEM 6.3 , AEM 6.4).
- 8+ years in Engineering role, and at least 5 years working with CMS platforms.
- 5+ years building sites, templates, components, or integrations with Adobe Experience Manager.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & conceptual skills, and a flexible attitude in shifting environments.
- Excel at communication (spoken, written, presentation) with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Ability to negotiate and manage difficult or ambiguous situation, and adapt and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals, and technologies
- Experience with decoupled architectures, setting up dedicated environments (development, QA, etc.) and integrating with a CI chain
- At least two full life-cycle CMS implementations
- Adobe Certified Expert as AEM developer or AEM architect
- Equally comfortable working autonomously as you are hyper-collaboratively
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have voluntary benefits including long-term and short-term disability and life insurance, that you can choose to elect upon hire. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.