Motion Designers are part of an incredible team of motion, experiential and industrial design-focused talent, and they breathe life into our design work and ideas. We’re looking for motion design generalists who can put their creativity to the test across a variety of brands and industries with a production-focused workflow, creating nuanced and beautiful work quickly and efficiently.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Code and Theory’s Motion Designers work closely with designers, copywriters and engineers to establish look-and-feel and narrative for motion assets and animations from concept through final production and development.
You can expect to work on:
- Animated user journeys through digital product mockups
- Short-form animations for digital and broadcast campaigns
- Motion packages with a strong sense of brand identity and originality
- Long-form narrative pieces that illustrate complex ideas
We value collaborative work across our project and design teams. Motion Designers are generally responsible for:
- Generating storyboards, style frames, and motion studies to align the internal team and sell-through concepts to clients
- Communicating with producers to set realistic expectations on project timelines and deliverables
- Maintaining well-organized project files and folders
- Staying current with emerging animation trends and techniques
- 2-4 years of work experience, some agency experience is beneficial but not required
- Tactical experience in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator), Cinema4D, and OctaneRender
- Proficiency in video editing (Premiere)
Motion Designers work on a wide range of projects and deliverables, so balance, prioritization and organization is the name of the game. Communication is key, and if you have an intuitive ability in choosing what design style to work within to meet brand guidelines, hit apply!
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.