Code and Theory is looking for a creative and innovative thinker and doer to help redefine what is possible in user experience and product thinking on its new Experience Strategy team. The ideal candidate will be a skilled creator of digital design systems, conceptor of compelling features and functionality, designer of user flows, and someone who can be fluent in the end to end customer journey, as well as the client process and workflow. An enthusiastic attitude to creating stellar documentation/annotations/functional requirements and a facility with complex product systems, and strong client presentation skills is appreciated, though prior agency experience is not required.
- Identifying insights by analysis of client input, consumer research and competitor data to drive the experience strategy.
- Translating experience objectives into tangible, meaningful and useful solutions across digital and physical products, services and spaces.
- Bringing concepts to life using sketches, illustrations, frameworks, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes and other mediums.
- Carrying out user research to uncover new insights and opportunities, understand current needs and wants, and test potential design solutions.
- Overseeing a variety of approaches to prototype, test and implement new ideas, by leveraging knowledge of relevant software, tools, and processes.
- Ability to produce Customer Journeys, User Journeys, Client Workflows, Current State Analysis + Audits, and Functional Requirements
- Leading the final output of the physical product
- Tactical experience in service design, user experience, design thinking, industrial design or a related field
- 4+ years’ experience working in a strategy or design role creating user-centric experiences for digital and/or technology brands
- Experience partnering with, or conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research, from insights to implications
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within multi-disciplinary and cross-departmental teams Interpersonal
- Knowledge in using softwares like Keynote and Sketch
- Ability to solve complex problems in an ambiguous environment
- Comfortable being client facing