Visual Designers at Code and Theory are skilled visual storytellers who play a pivotal role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas and creative out. Putting it simply: you’ll make cool stuff. We value an open mind and a desire to inspire, equally as much as we dig that pretty platform work on your portfolio site. Code and Theory is a place to try new things and to wade further into the waters of visual design.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The theme of our visual design team is the development of platform-driven client sites, mobile and media applications, and internal tools that deliver smart and forward-thinking design solutions. On any given day, you might be found…:
- Designing and producing stunning visual work, spanning everything from complete site rebuilds, to global marketing campaigns and pitches - variety really is the spice of life here
- Partnering closely with other designers, copywriters, strategists, producers, and engineers to ensure that we are producing and creating forward-thinking work
- Effectively solving design problems and implement design feedback from clients, stakeholders, and internal teams
- Attending pitches, client meetings and industry events, as requested
While we are an open and creative group at Code and Theory, we do have some concrete asks for this position. To be an effective Visual Designer, you should have:
- A balanced design background: at least 2 years of digital experience (ideally in an agency), thorough knowledge of current industry tools and trends, and a solid foundation of generating clear ideas, concepts and designs of any form from beginning to end
- Obvious passion for - and excellence in - the design space
- Organization, resourcefulness, and diligence while managing concurrent responsibilities, projects, and deadlines
- Enthusiasm for being part of a collaborative team of kickass designers - and the ability to work autonomously sometimes, too
- A desire to share information and mentor - here, you’ll come up with great ideas and work closely with junior designers to bring them to life
The visual design team has a lot of plates spinning, and there are frequent unpredictable roadblocks, so agility and malleability will help you stay efficient and calm. Your flexibility, chill vibes, and excellent work with set you up for success. Working within our team, you’ll hone your already supreme visual eye to find yourself creating world-class solutions with us for a long time.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.