The Creative Department at Code and Theory is a diverse team of entrepreneurial creatives who live and breathe culture. We are passionate about the work we create.
The role of Associate Creative Director requires the ability and desire to concept, develop and pitch ideas for our brand partners to drive their vision through production, post production, distribution and activation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Or, the path to become a team legend:
- Mentor and grow direct reports
- Maintain excellent standards of communication so each creative can effectively communicate and advocate for their vision
- Create a positive, collaborative culture that encourages personal ingenuity, accountability and respect
- Help the team achieve creative excellence and unprecedented levels of output within a very demanding, sales-driven revenue organization
- Communicate your ideas in keynote slides, showing how ideas will reach brand and media KPIs and will succeed with the Code and Theory audience
- Lead the work and direct team to closely analyze agency and client briefs, developing unique, culturally relevant ideas for videos, interactive, social, branded editorial, experiential events and more
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of every pitch submission
- Oversee execution of all sold creative concepts and programs, ensuring the highest quality creative output delivered within deadline and on budget
- Balance client and audience needs to ensure content and events will succeed with our audience and meet client KPIs
- Guide supporting creatives through the production process including pre, production and post and team achieve flawless collaboration with all post-sale teams, including production, strategy and account services
- Develop a process that ensures all ideas are reviewed and that creatives are continually learning and improving
The ideal Associate Creative Director should demonstrate a large swatch of abilities (since you already have an intimate knowledge of the industry, you’ve got a leg up on the proverbial ladder) including, but certainly not limited to:
- 8+ years experience spanning creative direction, editorial, design, agency, film, events, branded and culturally relevant content
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite--Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Sketch, Principle, C4D, Keynote, Google Slides and Powerpoint
- A strong understanding and experience in the production process (pre/production/post) and experience working closely with directors; a roster of directors is preferred but not necessary
- Fluency in digital platform functionality as well as proficiency and experience optimizing designs for online
- Strong knowledge of photography & retouching
- Excellent public speaking and pitching skills
WHAT IT TAKES:
You possess the ability to leverage the power and authenticity of the Code and Theory voice to create forward-thinking, socially conscious, culturally relevant and award-winning programs for clients. Passion, positivity, self-motivation and perseverance are all traits that shine through in your day to day working life- this is what you love to do, and you’re very, very good at it.