At Code and Theory, HR Associates help with and facilitate internal trainings, employee onboarding and offboarding, as well as benefits and payroll processes for all U.S. offices. This role provides support to the HR function including record-keeping, file maintenance, data entry, exit interviews and additional support responsibilities and special projects.
This role can and will evolve with time and experience as we continue to dive deeper into more HR functions and grow as a team and company.
In Your First Couple of Months You Will:
- Get to know our culture, company and people
- Learn our front to back employee experience process
- Begin mastering 1-2 HR functions independently
- Develop, evolve and deepen partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Support the HR Director and other HR team members on special projects
- Initiate all background check and pre-employment processes via our system and oversees the logistics of new-hire set up and onboarding; prepares new-employee files
- Complete I-9 forms and verify I-9 documentation
- Aid with any required visa and green card paperwork and processing partnering with legal
- Assist with processing of terminations; send out exit interview surveys, schedules exit interview meetings and enters terminations in our HR system.
- Help with the launch of performance reviews
- Support employees and managers with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- File documents into appropriate employee files and maintain active and terminated employee files according to regulatory requirements
- Assist with open enrollment and wellness initiatives
- Manage 401k process and tracking
- Keep track of payroll changes, working with our payroll specialist to ensure seamless pay cycles
- Lead or assist adhoc HR special projects in partnership with HR Director and Senior HR Manager
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written, with critical attention to detail
- Proactive, multitasking go-getter with a flexible, positive attitude that flourishes in a fast-paced agency environment
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and client service skills
- Inventive thinker that contributes to building new solutions and programs, with a desire to grow and develop new skills
- 2-4 years' professional experience in an HR or office administrative team
- Experience working in G Suite by Google (Gmail, Google Calendars, Google Sheets)
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have voluntary benefits including long-term and short-term disability and life insurance, that you can choose to elect upon hire. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.